11 February 2012

8 Weeks and 2 Days

Yes that's right! According to the doctor, I am 8 weeks and 2 days along as of today.
So much for thinking I was only 5 weeks....haha.
This means the baby's official due date is....

September 20th, 2012


That is only five days before our wedding anniversary! 
I hope that the baby is on time so that it isn't born on our anniversary. Can you imagine having to celebrate a child's birthday and your anniversary on the same day?
Whatever happens, happens, though. I am just super excited to be having a baby!!!!

So our families don't know yet (with the exception of Nick).
We are still trying to figure out the best way to tell them since this will be very first pregnancy announcement in both of our families.
Whichever way we decide to tell them though, it's going to happen this weekend.
We are going to Colorado this weekend for President's day. Before we leave we are going to let my family know, and then on Friday we are going to let the Talley family know.

My mom is so ready for some grand babies. They will help her get her mind off of Nick's absence.
My mother-in-law is also definitely ready. She wrote a blog post the other day about the song that Nick and I recorded right before he left on his mission.
She said,
  "My son married into a very musically talented family. In this video my daughter-in-law. Malae, and her brother, Nick Sales, sing together in this moving rendition of a beloved song. Nick entered the MTC yesterday to begin his mission and will be serving in Colombia. I'm sure he will have long and wonderful music career ahead of him. And I get all teary when I think about my sweet daughter-in-law using her musical talent to sing lullabies to my grandchildren someday."


Totally made me cry. I can't wait to be a mom.
I can't wait to snuggle it and hold it close and tell it bed time stories and sing lullabies.
And I can't wait to dress it up in little tiny clothes and swaddle it into little tiny blankets.
I can't believe it will be here in 7 and a half months.
Wow, that is such a long time.

So I finally told my coworkers yesterday.
I figured they needed to know why I was so sick all the time.
The older women I work with all said, "I knew it!!!"
And the girls my age were super surprised and super excited!!
I spent my first hour at work just getting advice from the older women to help ease nausea, and talking about how excited we were with the other girls and sharing ideas of how to tell our families.

Oh, and I found out that two of my facebook friends, Christina and Stacie, are also having babies in September. I'm super excited for them!

I want to tell everyone!!!!!!!!!!

Ugh, I don't know how much longer I can keep this a secret.

On an interesting note, the baby is a big as a green olive today.
About 10 more weeks until we can find out if it is a little girl olive or a little boy olive.


No comments:

Post a Comment