28 November 2010

Done With Retail and Day 12

Before I continue with the blog challenge, I just want to let you all know that 

I GOT A JOB!!!!!!!! 

Not only is it a job, but it is a great job. In fact, it is a job that I have been wanting for a very, very, VERY long time. Since I have worked in retail for almost 5 years of my life, I have decided that I am SO DONE with retail and will never resort to retail again! It is has always been a job security for me since I definitely have experience and I am good at it. Which kinda sucks, cause I hate it. But not to worry, cause I will never have to work in retail again!!!!! 

So. The. New. Job. Is. This.

Graphic Designer/Writer for the BYU Law Alumni Department. Yes. This means I will assist in the design and production of marketing materials such as logos, brochures, flyers, invitations, manuals, posters, and even make some video clips! I will also be assisting in several writing assignments, newsletters, websites, feature articles, and social media sites. AWESOME. I also get my own desk, my own computer, never work weekends (including sunday!), and can work between classes. This seriously is the perfect job for me. I love to design, I love to write, I love BYU, I love BYU's campus and the fact that I get to work on campus so that I may have an extremely flexible work schedule...yes. Life is good. I am so extremely blessed. 



P.S. I got this job offer the day after I paid my tithing...lesson learned, always pay your tithing on time!!! CHA-CHING!

...And moving on with the challenge!! 

Day 12 - How you found out about Blogger and why you have one
I don't exactly remember how I found out about blogger, but I do remember that I was inspired to begin writing a personal blog during my first year at BYU because my roommate Carly had one. It seemed like fun, so I gave it a go. My first blog was themed around the daily humor that I found day to day in my life. Things are funny to me and I like to share them with others. I named it The Humoured - click on the name to check it out! It's very outdated and hasn't been updated for over a year...who knows, maybe I'll go back to it someday. 

I started a blog for me and Clayton because I wanted to document the start of our married lives together and share it with our family and friends. Honestly, I rarely write in my journal anymore and blogging is an excellent way to "document" our history. I wasn't good at updating this blog in the beginning AT ALL. I rarely had time to post, and when I did, I felt like it was just to write instead of documenting events. But now I have a pretty good hold on it and this 30 day challenge is definitely helping (although I am royally sucking at posting everyday)! I want to continue documenting the life of my family in hopes that my FUTURE children will read it and learn lessons from their parents!  

No comments:

Post a Comment