07 May 2012

It's a girl, it's a girl, it's a GIRL!!!

On Wednesday we FINALLY got to see the very first ultrasound of our little baby. I was so elated. I couldn't wait to see our baby, count its arms, legs, and every little finger. I couldn't wait to see its heart beating and its little legs kicking. And, I couldn't wait to find out if it was a little boy or a little girl! :)

Our ultrasound tech was extremely nice and very informative. There wasn't a second during the ultrasound when he wasn't talking. It seemed as if he was just as excited as us! Our baby was very stubborn during the entire ultrasound, so the tech had to keep prodding it and poking it to make it move into a better position. It was very active and wouldn't stay in one spot for very long. Let me tell you, that did not surprise me at all! This baby is always on the move, always kicking and punching me. It's the most adorable thing in the whole world though. I can't help but get a creepy little smile on my face whenever the baby is kicking especially hard. 

We got to see everything - after a long battle, that is. I was laying down with the monitor right next to my face and so I saw everything at a side angle, but I loved being so close to it. I can't begin to describe the intense emotion I felt during the ultrasound. It all felt so incredible. We were looking at OUR baby! Yes, I'll admit that I shed a few tears. :)

I'm so in love with this little face already :)
The ultrasound tech saved the gender revealing until almost very last. I felt pretty confident that it was a boy. I just had that feeling. My husband thought that it would be a boy, too. Needless to say, we were shocked when the ultrasound tech said, "Well, those are definitely not boy parts."

I couldn't believe what I was seeing or hearing. We were having a GIRL?!?!??!?!? WHAT???? 

Don't get me wrong - I couldn't be happier that we are having a girl! In fact, I'm pretty sure I was convinced we were having a boy because I secretly just really wanted a girl first. :) I would love to have either, but let's face it. I don't really know what little boys wear other than batman shirts and superhero capes. 

Everything checked out with our little girl. She is really little - measuring at only 9 ounces. Because of her small measurements, the ultrasound tech moved back my due date from September 20th to September 28th. So I'm really only 19 weeks now instead of 20 weeks, but I can live with that. Check out her little buff arms!


I am SO happy and we are so excited to be parents of a precious baby girl. I love being pregnant - I love feeling the baby move and kick and nudge me, I love drooling over all of the cute baby girl clothes, I love looking at baby room decorating ideas, and I love, love, LOVE knowing that I get to hold my little girl in my arms in a few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment