01 May 2012

Busy Summer!

I've had a lot of really neat things happen lately. 

I finished finals, AND passed all of my classes! Believe me, that is a major accomplishment for me this semester. Considering I missed about a month combined of classes and was pretty much bed-ridden for 2 months of the semester, I feel really amazed that I was able to pass. I probably should have withdrawn from my finance class, which I didn't need to graduate, but took anyway. I needed to take enough credits to get federal funding - so it was worth it to us. Luckily for me, most of my teachers were pretty accommodating and really helped me out. 

I am also very proud to say that I got an A in my photography class. My professor said that he only issued 5 A's out of the entire class of 20 people. I couldn't believe that I got one of those A's! I feel like I worked really hard in that class and I learned so much. It was one of my favorite classes that I have taken at BYU so far. I've talked to some people and decided I'm going to apply for the Photography and Graphic Design  programs in the fall. I am almost completely done with my generals, so pursuing my major is the very next step for me. I literally just have two more Italian classes to take for my general core. Awesome feeling. Maybe one day I'll graduate.  ;)

I plan on returning to school in the winter, you know, after I'm done having the baby and stuff. I've heavily considering going to school in the fall while I have my baby, but it just doesn't feel right. I feel like I need to spend the first few months with my baby and get adjusted to life with a baby. Yeah, I really hate the idea of putting off my education for another semester, but I think it will be worth it. 

Now that I'm done with school for awhile, I will be working like a mad woman until the little baby arrives. I just got bumped up to working full time at my current job at the law school, and I will also be doing graphic design for a chiropractor part-time. My weekends will be spent doing photography. Busy, busy, busy!

I'm feeling very blessed with all of these wonderful job opportunities. Clayton and I decided it's time that we start looking for a house again and so we really appreciate all this extra income. We actually looked at some houses this morning and found 3 that we could see ourselves living in. We aren't super rushed to buy a house quite yet, but it was great to see what kind of options we will have.

Now...baby updates! :) I'm 19 weeks and 2 days today (April 28th is actually when I wrote this). That means I'm almost halfway! I've figured out what it feels like when the baby moves and kicks, and let me tell you, it is SOOOOOO cool. It took me awhile to differentiate between gas bubbles and baby movements, but now I can usually tell and it feels awesome. Tonight we ate at Tucano's to celebrate Clayton's birthday, and let me just tell you, the baby LOVED that. ;)

We get to find out what gender the baby is on Wednesday. Oh man, I'm so excited!!


No comments:

Post a Comment