05 March 2012

Best Day Ever!!!

I REALLY should be studying for my test that I'm taking tonight, but I just can't stop thinking about how incredible today is and I want to remember everything about it!

Today was a beautiful, sunny, 63 degree weather day! There is nothing like a warm spring day to lift your spirits up. It seems like everyone was having a pretty good day today. I love how something as simple as good weather can brighten everyone up. :)

Today was our second prenatal doctor appointment, but it was our very first one with Dr. Nance. We drove all the way to Springville with our windows down, and it was glorious. 

The office was very cute and charming. The receptionist was bubbly and sweet, and the nurse that helped us was seriously one of the nicest ladies that I have ever met! She kept complimenting me and saying how cute Clayton and I were together and was so excited for us and our new experience. She was an absolute angel. She was very thorough in her explanations and made me feel completely at ease. Dr. Nance was a very nice, down to earth guy that made me feel very comfortable and answered all of my questions. He was also extremely thorough, sincere, and very informational! Night and day difference between him and Dr. B. I feel so blessed that I was able to find such a wonderful doctor! 

We did the routine tests and everything looked good. I was only worried when the nurse told me that I weighed 113 lbs! I haven't weighed that since high school! That also means that I lost six pounds in less than four weeks! I was pretty concerned, but Dr. Nance explained that all pregnancies have "normalcies" that range from large weight gain, no weight gain, and weight loss. The weight loss that I had experienced is normal because of all the throwing up and nausea. Come to think about it, I really don't have an appetite for anything anymore, so I think that I've been eating less too. So much for thinking I had already gained five pounds from my chest alone. Ha. 

If I have a pretty normal pregnancy, hopefully all of this nausea nonsense will wrap up in the next three weeks! I am crossing my fingers and hoping for the best! Dr. Nance prescribed me to Zofran, which should help out with my nausea. I can't wait to get some and try it out, because this girl is super sick of being super sick. 

Now....the BEST part of the whole day....we got to see if we could hear the baby's heart beat. Dr. Nance explained that you can usually hear it around 12 weeks, but since I was so close to 12 weeks, we thought we would take the chance to see if we hear it. It took awhile - first we heard my heartbeat (good to hear that I was alive), and then we heard a bunch of static, and then....we heard the sweet sound of our baby's heartbeat thumping a million miles an hour. It was beating so fast! I couldn't believe it. I was so shocked yet elated to hear that little heartbeat. I couldn't believe that was coming from inside me. 

That little heartbeat made so many things sure. It made this pregnancy become VERY real to me.  Don't get me wrong, all the prego symptoms I've been feeling thus far have definitely helped til this point, but there is absolutely nothing like physical evidence that there is a growing human being inside of you. I have yet to hear a more mesmerizing and sweet than the sound of my own little baby's heartbeat. It was real. My baby is alive, and growing, and it is healthy. Everything is completely normal. Definitely the best feeling in the whole entire world. 

Clayton and I left the doctor's office smiling from ear to ear. We were so elated. Everything went so perfectly. I can't wait to become a parent and begin this next chapter of my life. I can't wait to do it side by side with my amazing husband, Clayton. This is definitely the very most exciting time of our lives.

P.S. I think I did awesome on my test. Maybe it was due to my incredibly good mood. :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are feeling better, I know how you felt! I lost 10 lbs in like 5 days during my eighth week of pregnancy. And I was on an anti-nausea med until I was 25 weeks. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete