23 February 2012

Grateful.

Two days ago I was feeling really down on myself.
The biggest reason was because I was feeling extremely sick ALL DAY.
I would throw up everything I ate and just felt miserable. All I could do was curl up in a ball.
This made me pretty frustrated.
Because I was so sick, I couldn't go to work and I couldn't go to class. I couldn't clean my house and I could barely cook up something for dinner.
So much responsibility was staring at me in the face that day.
Failing my classes and getting fired from work seemed very probable in my near future.
I was super depressed.

That night, my husband made me open up and tell him everything that was on my mind.
I started crying (weird) and then told him everything that was getting me down.
He listened to me and helped try to calm me down.
A thought then crossed my mind, "ask for a priesthood blessing".
I thought about it for a very long time.
Apparently, I dwelt on the thought for too long, because then Clayton asked me if I would like a priesthood blessing.
"Yes." I said quietly.

A few minutes later Clayton gave me a blessing.
A wave a peacefulness hit me during the blessing.
He said everything I needed to hear.

The next day, I woke up and still felt very sick.
But.....
my attitude had completely changed.
First thing in the morning I decided to email all my teachers and my boss and let them know everything that was going on.
I got wonderful, encouraging emails back.
Not what I expected at all. But exactly what I needed.
And I even went to my evening class.

Today, I am still sick as ever.
I think I'm hitting the worst part of the first trimester, or maybe it's just getting worse... :P
But I can feel nothing but gratefulness.
I have the wonderful blessing of having the chance to become a mother.
That is everything that I've ever wanted, and I get it!
How lucky am I???


Just look at those eyes and chubby cheeks! What is there not to love about a fresh new baby? :)

30 more weeks until I get to hold my sweet little baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment